|Aufkirchen (part of Oberding)
|Under a chief with the Bavarian lozenges per pale: Dexter Or, a rural church Argent; Sinister Gules, an obelisk Argent.|
Foundation of the arms:
The lozenges stand for the location of Aufkirchen in Bavaria; the church for the domination of this building for the name of the village. The pyramid (obelisk) for the importance of Aufkirchen as one of the two basic points for the Bavarian Land Surveying.
The described arms has been established as official emblem of the anniversary celebrations by the anniversary committee for the 1000-year-anniversary of the village Aufkirchen (1995) after several designs and submissions.
Remark: The emblem has the form of a coat-of-arms, especially by the form of the escutcheon, in which the emblem is used. However, several rules of heraldry are violated, especially to make a simple and stylized design. A naturalistic drawing of a church and of an obelisk don't make up a coat-of-arms proper. For a comparison see for example the arms of the municipality Kirchberg and the inofficial arms of the village Schwindkirchen. The designed emblem has thus to be classified as a "logo in form of a coat-of-arms".
Design of the arms:
Hans Döllel, Aufkirchen.
Historical image sources:
Coat-of-arms of the counts of Bogen (1204-1233), of Wittelsbach (from 1247), of the state Bayern (from 1918) (see also the arms of the Landkreis Erding, as well as the colours of the coats-of-arms of Kirchberg, Oberding, Moosinning, Langengeisling and Reichenkirchen).
Church of Aufkirchen.
Basis pyramid near Aufkirchen.
Festausschuß & Gruber, G. (1995): Aufkirchen 995 - 1995. Chronik einer altbayerischen Ortschaft am Moosrain im Landkreis Erding. Aufkirchen (Eigenverlag), S. 4.
This webpage was modified 1999-10-29 by Marcus Schmöger